Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The day my best friend got married

I like I said earlier my best friend Kaila got married on March 11 and it all started the night before when I she asked me to come and spend her last night as a single woman with her. I had a lot of fun that night and it just made me sad to think that she is going to be living so far away now that I won't get to see her as much. Here are some pictures from that special day... First I got to play second mom for the day for this little girl isn''t she so cute, well I didn't really have to do a lot because she loved so much by her aunts and uncles. All I had to do was the things that nobody else wanted to do like changing her diaper and feeding her breakfast. This is Kaila and her new husband coming out of the temple and I have to admit that I cried when she came out.Look at the cute family!!!!And her choice of shoes to wear that day....yep skater shoes and I don't blame her because when I get married the last thing I want to wear is heels.This is everybody that came to the temple!!!
This Kaila's family plus me and don't you think that a best friend is considered to be part of your family because I think so.
This is Kaila's parents, brothers and sisters.
Kaila's siblings and did I mention that I was the taxi driver for her two sisters for the day. It was really fun to drive with those two I haven't hung-out with them in a while and it was great to here their stories.This is my most favorite picture of the whole day.... I mean look at baby Jetta trying to fit her face in the fence was just the cutest thing that I had seen in a long time.
And you have to have a picture with your best friend outside the temple when she gets married.
After the temple we headed to luncheon where they played a slide show of pictures of the two of them growing up and I cried even more watching that. Next we a had a few hours till the reception started so I went home and took a much need nap. Then at about 5:30 I made it to the reception. It was such a wonderful day!!! I got to know Kaila's aunts very well and I was surprised by how many people knew my name and I had no clue who they were. But if people didn't know my name then my name became Kaila's friend. The funniest thing that happened was this lady came to give us decorations for the reception and when she saw me she said " are you the friend," I said "yes," she said "will come out to my car with me for just a little bit." So when I went out there she gave me a vinyl sign that said Just Married. She said it was to put on the back window and so I made sure that it made it to her car. Overall it was just a great day I am so glad that I got to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment