Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 26- A childhood memory

When I was 8 years old I went to visit my dad. At that moment in my life my dad lived in Kansas with my step-mom. It was pretty scary because I flew and I had never been on a plane before. I remember it was so hot outside when I left and my mom made me wear pants and I was thought it was because if the plane crashed I would be protected if I wore pants. I think that I flew on Delta airlines and because I was under age I had to wear a pin and one of the flight attendants was always in charge of me. I spent most of the time getting to know my step-mom. They were moving while I was there so I think we ate at Macdonalds everyday. I remember one time my step-mom left me with my dad while she went somewhere and I cried the whole she was gone. My dad bought me and ice cream in hopes that I would stop crying but it didn't help. I also remember we lived at this camp ground for a while and every night me and my step-mom would go to Dairy Queen and hot fudge sundaes. The part I remember the most was coming home and when I got off the plane I saw my mom and I wanted so badily to just run to her but they held me back till they could prove that she was actually my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment