Saturday, February 19, 2011

Terrifying ride

So on Monday and Wednesday nights I have math class. This wednesday (Feb 17) I asked Amy to take me to class because there was a game and I told Amy that I would find a ride home. So when I got to class I asked one of my friends to take me home and he agreed. I actually had a test that day so I went and found my friend when I was finished with my test and we started for his car. When we got outside we realized that it had snowed like 4 inches in the whole two hours we were in class. I told him that I lived on 800 North but that he didn't have to go down that way we could a different way that didn't involve going down a steep hill. He insisted that he would be OK and we would make it just fine. I thought he was crazy but he was driving so I let him do whatever he wanted. So as we turned down 800 N. I could see one car stopped in the middle of the road, another trying to come up the hill and then another one was stuck trying to get out of their drive way. We started down the hill to see the car in front of us move forward a little and then silde side ways and almost hit a car and then we tried to see if we could go a different way but we could turn around. Then we started down the hill but this time we were sliding and we slid past the car that was side ways and then we straightened out and slid between the car that was trying to go up the hill and the car that was stuck. Finally at the bottom of the hill he gained control of the car again. As we got closer to my apartment I told him to just stop on the road and I would walk the rest of the way. I told him that he would get stuck if he drove into my parking lot but he said that he would be fine. So he drove into my parking lot and I go out of his car and said thank you and went inside my apartment. About 5 minutes later there was a knock at my door and it was him telling me that he was stuck and almost hit a car. So I grabbed my coat and got in his car, put it in second gear and pushed the gas. The car slide forward and I was afraid that I was going to hit a car but I didn't. He got in and tried to get out of the parking lot but had a hard so he had to back out. Before he left he said "remember when you told me not to come back here," I said "yes and you should have listened." He just shook his head and left. I was so scared as we were going down the hill just hopeing that we wouldn't crash into any cars and luckily we didn't. All I have to say is that it's a pretty great story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment