Friday, October 24, 2014

Why I want to become a teacher!!!

Growing up I always wanted to be a teacher! I think it came from growing up as an only child. I was always fascinated with children so I think that it what started me on wanting to be a teacher. Then one day one of my college professors said "people want to be teachers for two reasons either you had a hard time in school and you don't want any child to go through that or you had an amazing teacher and you want to be just like them." It was in that moment that I realized a deeper meaning in why I wanted to become a teacher. I struggled all the way through school so I knew that was why I wanted to be a teacher.

My dream is to be a third grade teacher. I feel like they are the perfect age. Students at that age still love school and they understand the rules enough to follow them without being constantly reminded. I want to have a classroom where all of my students love to come to school and they all feel comfortable enough to express themselves and let me know when they need more help.

Educational Blogs
Here are a couple of blogs that have helped me and inspired me to become a better teacher:

http://mscassidysclass.edublogs.org- I love how this teacher set it put she puts up what the students have done and then she even has individual learning profiles for each student. I like this idea because it allows for the parents to see what their children are learning and doing at school.

http://theinnovativeeducator.blogspot.com- This teacher wanted to make sure that her students had a better time learning then she did so this website talks about all of the fun things that teachers can do to make learning more exciting.

http://theorganizedclassroomblog.com- This blog is all about classroom management and organization which I will be really critical in my first year of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment