Thursday, December 1, 2011

Unlucky days....

It seems to me that ever since I got my mission call I have had some bad luck especially with my car. Well you see it all started a couple weeks after I got my call. I was on my way to a concert with my sister when my car died in bounitful. So we got a tow truck to get me to a Wal-Mart parking lot where my sisters mechanic picked it up to hopefully fix it. The mechanic had it finished the next day, he had replaced the fuel filter and had driven it around and it ran great. So I was off and I missed the entrance to the free-way so I decided drive through odgen and at 23rd street my car started slowing down but I wasn't pushing the break. Luckily I was able to turn left and coast it into the very first open spot. When I stopped my car I just started to cry and then I called my mom, and then a tow truck. While I was waiting for the tow truck I called everyone I knew in odgen and no one answered. But about an hour and a half later the tow truck came to my resuce but before we left odgen the tow truck broke down. I just began to think I am never going to make it home. Finally about 30minutes later the tow truck finally started and I was finally on my way home. By the time I got home I thought my car is a goner but it was just the fuel pump and it took my mechanic 4 days to get it fixed. Lets just say all of that took a big chuck of my mission money. As time past I became more confident in my car, well that was till last week. I was on my way to brigham and I had stopped at Dairy Queen and my car started smoking. I thought my it was going blow up. I cried a little and then called my uncle and he came to resuce and my cousin drove my car back to my house where it smoked some more. Then next day I took it to my mechanic who said it was my radator. So there went some more of my mission money.

Just when you are thinking oh my what else could happen well more has. I got out my christmas tree yesterday and a couple hours later I went to turn the lights on in the bathroom and they came on but quickly shut off. I thought oh great both of the lights went out at the same time but I soon realized that not just the lights went out but I could no longer hear the tv. So I went to the breaker box and found the one that had been tripped and I flipped the breaker back to on and nothing happened. So I tried it a couple times and nothing so today is the second we only have power in half of our house. It is supposed to be fixed tomorrow. I really hope it does because I hate not having a tv and I have realized that it is more of a comfort because I hate being alone and hearing weird sounds outside.

1 comment:

  1. Just getting you some practice when you don't have a car or a TV as a missionary! ;)

    ReplyDelete